Monday, May 28, 2007

Its just got a little more exciting...

Thanks PRW AKA my philosophy teacher for your comments.

I think you have asked some great questions and I hope I will surprise you with my comments back to you. They certainly wont be the "mainstream" responses.

3 comments:

PRW said...

Troy - I am so helpless! Did my comments on Newt's speech get posted on your blog? I can't find them anywhere, and I'd like to see if anyone commented. HELP! It's just terrible to be a technilogically challenged new blogger! PRW

Troy M. said...

I do not see them either. I hope you didn't loose anything.

Yo Dog said...

Hey prw,

Sorry for the delay in my response. It is final's week where I live.

As far as the Kyoto treaty is concerned, I have two sources that I can share off the top of my head. One is Stratfor Intelligence. Stratfor stands for strategic forcasting. They are a widly used intelligence digest. They have covered the politics of Kyoto pretty closly from the start in 1997. The second source I have to give is a show on headline news. The host is Glenn Beck who also a conservative talk show host. I'm not relying on his information alone but that of the staff at CNN. They did a global warming special on tv a few weeks ago. The staff rmember (i'm no recalling her name) who did segment on Kyoto was a investigative reporter for CNN. She belived whole heartedly Al Gore's movie and did not want to work with Glenn. She still does beleive Al Gore, but she learned that Kyoto was an economic and political treaty. She was interviewed after the special on Glenn's news show and shared what she learned. I should have kept the interview with her but I didn't.

Anyway, I have no problem in taking care of the environment. I myself use compact florecents and drive a high milage car. I'm one of those guys that cleans up after people in the parks if they left thier trash on the ground. My problem is when I percieve someone, no matter what party they belong too, take advantage of people that really do care about the environment. I view Al Gore as well as the UN as people that do just that. Michael Chrichton had some fun with this topic in his book State of Fear.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Yo Dog